Last year Japanese car maker Toyota donated art kits to 20 Zimbabwean schools that showed interest in participation in the global car industry leader’s Dream Car art contest. Children in those schools were very pleased and used the art kits to draw their own dream car in art classes and school art clubs.
The competition was open to youngsters around the world to come up with their idea of a dream car. Be it a car of the future or a car that can fly equipped with a swimming pool and games on board, it was all up to the imagination of the children. Some children’s work was on display at the National Gallery of Zimbabwe from the 15th to 18th of February 2011.
This year’s competition is open 1st Oct 2011 – 31st Jan 2012.
- Size of artwork: within 270-300 mm (11-12 inches) X 420-450 mm (16.5-18 inches). The above dimensions correspond to either A3 size or tabloid size.
- Colored hand-drawing with depiction of background (not only car(s), to explain the situation).
- Use of materials: any medium (ex. color pencils, crayons, or paint etc.)
- Digital work is not accepted
The National Contest
- Awards : 1st – 5th places from 3 categories (15 total awards)
- Prize: Toyota Zimbabwe will award Educational Vouchers as prizes for 1st – 5th places in all 3 categories
- Award-winners will be eligible to participate in the world contest.
The World Contest
- Awards : Gold, Silver, Bronze, Finalist, Jury’s Special Award
- Prize: Gold, Silver, Bronze winners* – Invitation trip to Japan to attend award presentation ceremony (scheduled to take place in August 2012). (* Award winners and one parent/legal guardian for each winner
The winners of the the national contest will be announced on toyotadreamcarcontest.co.zw by 28th February, 2012.
To enter click here